Jeff Khaki, CPA and Instructor, Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia (CPABC) presenting this free workshop to help youth in community to understand the lenders expectations to small business borrowers. This session explains to the business owner the financial and non-financial information a bank or investor uses to evaluate a loan/investment request, and explains the steps necessary to prepare a business for presentation to a lender and/or investors.
- Why will I need additional financing and capital?
- What are the typical sources for financing?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages?
- How are lenders and investors different?
- Why do I need a business plan and how do I create one?
- What are leverage ratios and how should I use them?
- How do leverage ratios vary between business types?
- How do lenders look at my business?
- To understand how a bank or investor will evaluate their business and the steps necessary for the owner to get their financial statements and business plans in order for presentation to lenders and investors.